How to clear the cache in Google Chrome
1. Delete the browser cache with a shortcut.
The fastest way to get rid of the cache data in Google Chrome is the option "Clear Browser cache". You can access this function with the following shortcut:
- Press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [Del]. Be sure you press all the keys at once.
- A new window opens: "Clear Browser cache".
- Here you can select in the upper dropdown-menu, for which time period you want to delete the cache data. You can select between "last hour", "last day", "last week", "last four weeks" or "all time".
- Select the "All Time" option.
- Check the box in front of "Images and Files in Cache".
- Submit your selection by clicking the "Delete Browser data" Button.
- Reload your site.
2. Clear browser cache manually
If you don't want to use the keyboard shortcut to call the function "Clear Browser data" you can access it manually:
- Click on the "Menu" in the upper right corner of Google Chrome and Open the Browser setting. You can recognise the menu by the three stacked dots.
- Next, you select the option "more tools".
- In the next step click on "Delete Browser data".
- Now you can follow the steps from the description above and select the specific time period (Step 3).
How to clear the cache in Microsoft Edge
When Websites are not loaded with the latest data, it could be because you have to delete cached files, in order to let the browser download new data. To empty the cache you can follow one of the instructions below:
1. Clear browser data in Microsoft Edge with the keyboard shortcut.
- Press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [Del].
- A new Window opens. Select the option "temporary services and files".
- Confirm your selection by clicking on the "delete" button.
2. Delete the browser cache in Microsoft Edge through the menu.
To delete the browser cache in Microsoft Edge through the menu, follow these steps:
- Click on the "Hub" symbol in the main menu.
- Then browse to the "History".
- Now you can click on "Delete the whole History".
- Check the option "temporary services and files" and confirm the selection with a click on the "Delete" Button.
How to clear the cache in Mozilla Firefox
If some websites cause issues when loading or don't show updated contents, it's possible that it's because of the cache. Get to know, how to delete the cache in the browser Mozilla Firefox.
1. Fast delete with the keyboard shortcut
For deleting the browser cache with a shortcut in Firefox please follow these steps:
- Press following keys at once: [Ctrl], [Shift] and [Del]. A Popup opens with the title "Clear recent history".
- In the dropdown menu, you can define the time range you want to delete the cache. You have the following options: last hour, last two hours, last four hours, today or all.
- To delete all data, select "All" from the dropdown-menu...
- Afterwards, click on the arrow next to "Details" and toggle the different possibilities to chose which data should be deleted. If you want to delete only the cache, then only mark the checkbox next to "Cache".
- With a click on the button "clear now" you delete the cache.
- Reload the site afterwards
2. Delete the cache with the window option in Firefox
Alternatively you can also clear the cache also through the window-menu. Please follow these steps:
- Press the key "Alt" on your keyboard. The window menu from firefox opens.
- In the menu, "chronic" select "delete lastest chronic"
- Now the Popup-Window opens like described in the instructions above.
- Follow the steps above from the second step.
How to clear the cache in Opera
To delete the cache from the Opera browser, you can follow one of the following instructions.
1. Delete the cache: The fast way with a shortcut.
Similar to other browsers you can delete the cache with a keyboard-shortcut. The following instruction shows how to do it step by step.
- Press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [del] on your Keyboard. A new window opens, where you can setup the options to delete the cache.
- Select the period "since installation", to empty the whole browser cache.
- Check the Option "Images and Files in Cache".
- Confirm your settings, by clicking the button "delete browser data".
- Refresh the page.
2. Access the browser cache options through the menu
- In the title bar of the browser window click on the "Opera" or on the "Menu" button.
- In the following menu "Settings" chose the item "Data and Security".
- Below the Headline "Privacy" you'll find the button "Delete Browser data".
- After clicking that button a new window opens.
- Select the time period "since Installation" to delete the whole browser cache.
- Enable the checkbox next to "Images and Files in Cache".
- Confirm your settings with the Button "Delete Browserdata".
- Reload the website.
Article ID: 101, Created: 2/19/2020 at 11:20 AM, Modified: 6/15/2022 at 11:36 AM